EAST ATLANTA VILLAGE
East Atlanta Village:
HIP. CONVENIENT. GREAT VALUE.
Located three miles east of downtown Atlanta and six miles from Midtown, East Atlanta Village is off Moreland Avenue and I-20. It’s surrounded by the neighborhoods of Ormewood Park, East Lake, Edgewood, Kirkwood, Gresham Park and is within close proximity to the Atlanta Beltline, the new Memorial Corridor, and Zoo Atlanta.
What Makes East Atlanta Village Unique
- East Atlanta Village (or EAV) features various architectural-styled homes around restaurants, bars, and shops, giving this community a quaint feel in a large city.
- EAV has its own local farmers market every Thursday evening and occasional artist markets.
- The neighborhood hosts events such as East Atlanta Strut, Brownwood Bike Rally, EAV-O-Ween, and RunEAV benefitting the local elementary school, Burgess-Peterson Academy.
- It boasts numerous small, independent-owned venues promoting the local music scene and lively nightlife.
- It’s considered one of the best home values of Intown Atlanta neighborhoods due to its walkability, top elementary school, and community feel.
FEATURED EAST ATLANTA VILLAGE HOMES FOR SALE
A Brief History of East Atlanta Village
After the Civil War, East Atlanta became a suburb of Atlanta. Moreland Avenue was little more than a dirt path along the county line, while Flat Shoals and Glenwood Avenues were the major highways that brought the farmers and their goods to town.
From the 1940s through the 1960s, the center of the neighborhood was subdivided and developed by the Williams brothers who were born and raised in East Atlanta and had built a lumber and concrete business nearby on Glenwood Avenue.
Shout out to the East Atlanta Community Association (EACA) for these facts. For more information regarding East Atlanta Village click here.